xsl-list

[xsl] AJAX question: Using <xsl:import> and document() function in Opera 9.2x 's JavaScript API

2008-05-15 14:51:48
Look at this:
http://sizov.ryit.ru/
Table is supposed to come up like it does in IE5.5+ and FF1.0+ and
Opera 9.5. Unfortunately it fails in Opera 9.2 which is used by 15% of
my visitors;(

Here is what's going on:

1) Library (http://sizov.ryit.ru/js/sjax.js - 2KB) sends a request for
an XML-file (http://sizov.ryit.ru/xml/daily.xml).
2) After that library analyses XML, detects the stylesheet that should
be used, and sends another request for XSL

As you can see in Firefox or IE, the right column represents time in
minutes + seconds. Originally time comes in XML from server in seconds
and I use a template to convert it in min+sec format. Template is
located into another stylesheet.
(http://sizov.ryit.ru//xsl/service.xsl)

Firefox handles <xsl:import> and <xsl:include> by default. MSIE with
MSXML6 needs two extra lines of code to allow that

freethreaded_xml.resolveExternals=true;
freethreaded_xml.setProperty('AllowDocumentFunction',true);

Opera 9.x and Safari3 work with xsl transformations using my library,
but when it comes to importing external stylesheets, they fail.

Does anyone know how to make Opera load external XSL and XML? Maybe
there are some special switches?...

This is a trivial example and here it would be much easier to include
the template to the stylesheet and not to use <xsl:import>. But I need
a solution for something different, much more complicated. Example
above is just easiest way to illustrate the essence of my question.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!