xsl-list

Re: [xsl] visual representation of imports/includes

2008-05-21 06:30:30
A thought:

I don't know of a particular solution, but perhaps you can create the
visual using graphviz?

I use XSLT to transform content into DotML and from DotML to the
graphviz .dot language, and finally to an SVG.  (Graphviz also
supports GXL, so it is possible to skip the step of going to DotML and
then .dot before creating the SVG visual output.  I go to .dot because
I like to fine tune some parameters that I wasn't able to control
easily in GXL.  And I found DotML easy to use for rendering .dot
files.)  With a combination of javascript and .svg, a nice visual
navigation could be built.  (but unfortunately .svg support in web
browsers is not great.)

http://www.graphviz.org/
http://www.martin-loetzsch.de/DOTML/

Darcy

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Andrew Welch