xsl-list

RE: [xsl] xslt architecture

2008-05-22 03:16:54
All such questions are processor-dependent.

In Saxon, there should be no run-time difference between the two cases.
There are compile-time differences, of course, but they shouldn't be major.

Using imports rather than includes is probably marginally better, as the
conflict resolution for template rules becomes easier.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 22 May 2008 10:25
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] xslt architecture

From a processor's perspective: is there any difference
between one stylesheet containing 100 templates and 100
stylesheets each containing 1 template each, with an extra
stylesheet containing 100 include statements?

Import precedence issues aside, if they were 100 imports
instead of includes, does that make a significant difference
to the processor?
(all unique files imported once, not the same file imported
in multiple locations)

I tend towards monolith stylesheets where there's usually no
more than a dozen or so large stylesheets, but in front of me
now is the complete opposite approach and I'm not keen...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com

--~--