xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Output sorted XHTML table for a subset of elements

2008-05-27 10:26:35
Wendell Piez wrote:
Steven,

At 06:53 AM 5/25/2008, Martin wrote:
Here is an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet making use of exslt:node-set:

I think libXSLT supports exsl:node-set.

Note that Martin's solution works by running two passes over the data. This makes the problem much more tractable, since he is able to group the nodes after they have been filtered and sorted. Pulling them directly into their groups is hard since which groups they belong in is a bit of information not explicit in the source data.

If you didn't want to use the extension function, you could achieve this by splitting the logic into two stylesheets. Filter and sort your elements with one stylesheet, then format them with another.

Thanks, I got it working by using the node-set function as Martin described. Ideally I'd like to make it more portable by not using the extension functions but I think I'll have to live with it as using two separate stylesheets would be a bit too much work - the idea is to make the stylesheet as easy to read as possible in case anyone else has to edit it in the future.

Thanks for the idea though!

Steve