xsl-list

Re: [xsl] stylesheet problem - X3D XSLT

2008-05-29 07:49:12
j milo taylor wrote:

  Hi

I'm having problems with my stylesheet  and Netbeans can't compile
it. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Netbeans gives me : line 34: Attribute 'url' outside of element.

                        <Appearance containerField='appearance'>
                                <ImageTexture
containerField='texture'
url='"http://localhost/images/artists/Ayers/jpg";'/><!-- what should
the
default value be here?-->
                                                     <xsl:attribute
name="url"><xsl:value-of select="Artist_Image"/> <!--here is the
problem?-->
                       </xsl:attribute>

  You try to add an attribute to an element after having added content
to that element yet.  That is an error.  Use:

    <Appearance ...>
       <xsl:attribute name="url">
       </xsl:attribute>
       <ImageTexture .../>

instead of:

    <Appearance ...>
       <ImageTexture .../>
       <xsl:attribute name="url">
       </xsl:attribute>

  Actually, you can also use an AVT in that case:

    <Appearance url="{ ... }" ...>
       <ImageTexture .../>

  Regards,

--drkm