xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Need to Split/Un-Nest elements

2008-06-17 05:31:03
2008/6/17 Mandar Jagtap <mandar(_dot_)jagtap(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>:
Hi Andrew,

I am not sure if you got chance to take a look my last post in the
thread so describing the same again as below:

Thanks for the response and stylesheet too...It's working well with me
but with one limitation. In the input xml, I can't be sure about that
how many nested block level elements would be there inside <page> i.e.
descendants of <page> can be many nested <block> elements and also they
can be <list>, <table> etc.  I tried using <xsl:template match="*"
mode='copy'> instead of <xsl:template match="inline" mode="copy"> in the
stylesheet but in that case it doesn't copy parent elements of original
(replicated) <page>. i.e. as per example below, it doesn't copy the 3
nested <block> elements in the replicated <page> element. Could you
please suggest on this?

Ahh ok in which case this goes from a hard problem to a really hard problem :0)

It should be possible to do it in 2 passes, and if you re-form and
then re-post the question you might be lucky and someone might do it
for you.

Alternatively someone might do it for a fee - are you able to offer
the work out?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com