xsl-list

Re: [xsl] applying templates to attribute value

2008-06-30 17:45:16
At 2008-06-30 14:18 -0700, mark bordelon wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply. In fact, the select statement was what I started out with, but changed it to apply-templates in order to have the content itself match on the <b> and <br />.

Sorry, I didn't read the content of the attribute and only addressed its value. I didn't realize which direction you were going in.

Doesn't apply templates force further matching of the matched node?

No, the version of the instruction you used pushes the child content, and as I said, the attribute doesn't have any child content.

Instead I am still getting the attribute value, untransformed.

Which is all you can do with an element ... you don't have any elements in your attribute ... you have a bunch of angle brackets, but those are just text angle brackets. Text angle brackets in attributes are not markup as angle brackets between elements are.

Mike has pointed to proprietary extensions to XSLT that can read text angle brackets as markup angle brackets, but this is not a feature of the specification.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com