xsl-list

[xsl] decoding hex string to ascii or UTF-8

2008-07-01 06:43:10

I'm currently trying to work out the best way to convert a string of hex into
the characters represented by each hex byte. I'm using xslt 2.0. So far I've
come up with a function that simply does a lookup to from the hex value to the
ascii character that hex value represents (see below). Can anyone suggest a
better way? Is there a way (without using a huge lookup to achieve a similar
sort of  thing for UTF-8 chars?

        !
        "
        #