xsl-list

Re: [xsl] checking sequence inside processing-instruction

2008-07-03 21:58:10
Thanks mike for your valuable solution. I am using XSLT 1.0.

Regards,
Ganesh

On 7/3/08, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com> wrote:

<xsl:template match="processing-instruction('page')">

  I first thought that was a mistake.  I always used the form
processing-instruction(page) instead (well, the rare times I
used it).
But I checked in the REC and saw that both forms are allowed.
 Is there any particular reason behind that choice?

XPath 1.0 required the quotes. XPath 2.0 allowed the unquoted name for
consistency with the new syntax element(e) and attribute(a); it was felt
that the quotes were a bad idea because they suggested to users that an
arbitrary expression could be used here, rather than a constant name. I used
the quotes because I didn't know whether the OP was using 1.0 or 2.0.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--