xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Windows-style CRLF in text output

2008-07-04 01:46:42
"Steven" == Steven Hentschel
<steven(_dot_)hentschel(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    Steven> I've got an application where the output needs be a text
    Steven> file using windows-style line endings i.e CRLF, so I
    Steven> thought if the stylesheet used CRLF as the line endings
    Steven> these would appear on the output. However the output has
    Steven> carriage returns stripped.

    Steven> I've found I can restore the CR if I use a character map
    Steven> as below, but does anyone know why do I need to do this
    Steven> and will all processors exhibit the same behaviour? I'm
    Steven> using Saxon 9.

From the serialization spec:

"A newline character in the instance of the data model MAY be output
using any character sequence that is conventionally used to represent
a line ending in the chosen system environment."

So it is optional. Therefore you might be able to find a processor
that will do what you require without a character map.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire