xsl-list

[xsl] Split with delimiter and remove duplicate using XSL 1.0

2008-07-04 02:16:42
Hi all!

I am new to XSL programming and I was tasked to solve the problem I
stated on my subject.
As i was browsing the mailing list, i chanced upon this reply

Martin Wrote: I would first tokenize, then use xsl:for-each-group to
remove duplicates:

Perfect. I am going through the tutorials to understand
<xsl:for-each-group> and it use. Still needs to look into the correct
usage of current-group() and current-group-key(), group-by ,
group-adjacent etc. <xsl:copy-of select="current-group()[1]"/>

Time to get seriously involve myself in exploring 2.0. :-)

Thanks again Martin.

Pankaj

I know that this problem can be solved using functions in XSL 2.0 like
tokenize, the use of regular expressions and etc.. but
my question is, can it be solved using purely XSL 1.0 functions?
(without the use of tokenize and regex)

Example.

If i have this tag:

<sample>
<text>[1]Sample Text 1[2]Sample Text 1[3]Sample Text 2</text>

</sample>

How can i get this output? The text would be parsed using [] as the
delimiter then remove duplicate values (Sample Text 1)

<out>Sample Text 1</out>
<out>Sample Text 2</out>

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.