xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Find the root element from an attribute node

2008-07-10 08:33:21
What you've done should be fine, but its slow to walk the ancestor
axis to the root element each time, so just do:

<xsl:variable name="isHTML" select="exists(/html)" as="xs:boolean"/>

and then:

match="@href[$isHTML]"

This code is based on the assumption that xsl:apply-templates is called
for the input tree only, and not for any other loaded or constructed.

Ok, I guess that could be a gotcha... in which case, just do:

match="@href[exists(/html)]"

It's funny how this has come up - I've just left a place where they
had two types of XML - one with <page> for the root element, the other
with <response>, and throughout the code, all over the place, they had
choose/when's with [ancestor::page] and [ancestor::response]... so I
changed it all to use global variables instead.  The gotcha didn't
occur to me at the time.... I think they will be alright though :)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com