xsl-list

[xsl] identifying series of numbers in text strings

2008-07-27 08:56:30
Dear all,

Using XSL 1.0, is there a way I can search the contents of an element to find series of 4-digit numbers? Then if there are two sets of 4-digit numbers, I would like to select those values in order (I'll be outputting them somewhere else as a date span), if there is only one 4-digit set I'll need to output that a different way. Example of XML below. Thanks to all in advance for the help!

<date>23 July 2001-April 2006</date>
<date>July 1996</date>
<date>unknown</date>