xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Oracle XSLT processor available as a separate download?

2008-07-31 02:18:14
Surely the Oracle
processor can't be that bad??

Well, if you think of it in terms of attempting to run an XSLT 2.0
transformation

These are all issues with 1.0 transforms - I'm suggesting Oracle's 1.0
processor isn't conformant by a long way.  So far in fact, that it
must be something I'm doing wrong.

I haven't had time to test it properly
yet, so it may not be the case (apologies to Oracle if I'm talking
rubbish!) Maybe someone else has the time and inclination...

I wouldn't even bother.  As far as I know (and someone please correct me if
I'm wrong) there isn't anything you get with the Java-based Oracle XSLT 2.0
processor that you don't get with Saxon

Sure, but not all projects are greenfield projects... sometimes you
just have to work with what's there.  I didn't even know an Oracle
processor existed until a few weeks ago (!) and it would be good to
know where it sits amongst the other processors.

OxygenXML + Oxygen XSLT Debugger + Saxon 9.x (SA preferably) == *HAPPINESS*

Yes - oXygen is great.  Jumping around variable and template
declarations and references (ctrl -> shft -> d and ctrl -> shft -> r)
is almost as good as ctrl -> clicking around in Java...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com