xsl-list

RE: [xsl] multiple values for the key

2008-08-02 10:53:18
But I am only concerned, that if stylesheet is quite large,
then to access the contents of a variable (i.e., this one,
<xsl:variable name="x-values">), we are asking processor to
build a large tree (an, additional one) in memory, which
might cause some performance concerns.

Using node-set function I feel is more memory efficient than, using
document('') (which you wrote).

If the set of key values is constant (which seems a bit unlikely), then to
my mind the best solution is to put it in a separate document all on its
own, reading it using document('keys.xml'). This seems to me better than
putting it in the stylesheet and reading it using document('').

If the set of keys is constructed by the stylesheet, the creating an RTF and
reading it using xx:node-set() seems the only option.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/