xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSLT 1 vs. 2 stylesheet performance issues

2008-08-04 10:58:47
So here is the result of a time profile...  This shows a 40X
+ time difference.

I have seen large differences before, though I think this one is much larger
than usual. However, I do normally advise people nowadays that even if they
are running 1.0 stylesheets, it's probably better to use Saxon 9.x rather
than 6.x.

Could you share the stylesheet and source document?

Michael Kay
Saxonica

$ time java -jar saxonb9-1-0-1j/saxon9.jar
-s:test002-meta-1_3.xml -xsl:ODMToClassConfig.xsl -o:out2.xml
Warning: at xsl:stylesheet on line 11 column 68 of
ODMToClassConfig.xsl:
 Running an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet with an XSLT 2.0 processor

real    0m2.189s
user    0m1.954s
sys     0m0.146s

#### Saxon 6 (XSLT 1.0) #####
$ time java -jar saxon6-5-5/saxon.jar -o out1.xml
test002-meta-1_3.xml ODMToClassConfig.xsl

real    1m36.175s
user    1m32.081s
sys     0m1.888s

Ilya

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Michael Kay