xsl-list

[xsl] namespaces declarations treated as boilerplate code

2008-08-11 05:20:00
Given two stylesheets with the same namespaces defined at the top
where one imports the other - what happens when the module is
compiled?

I ask because it seems it's very typical for organisations to use the
same xsl:stylesheet element with all namespaces declared and prefixes
excluded etc for every stylesheet regardless of whether that
particular stylesheet uses the namespace or not - like its some sort
of boilerplate code that's copied to every new stylesheet.  Personally
I don't like, and think it's bad practice, and I wonder if there's a
good reason to back up my dislike...?   (for example import precedence
work that could be avoided/reduced)

thanks
--
Andrew Welch