xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSL editor recommendation

2008-08-21 06:59:28
I agree. Love the oXygen. Works cross platform (even pretty on linux) as
a standalone app or within eclipse as a plugin. They have many
perspectives for editing different file types. I have been spoiled by
the XSL/XML editor and really can't use other editors now. I also love
the JavaScript editor, though the pretty print could be a little better
(but invaluable when you have packed JS you want to debug).

best,
-Rob

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 09:46 -0400, Ferry, Jeremy wrote:
I'm also using oXygen... love it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:56 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL editor recommendation

I use oXygen - it does have a bit of a learning curve and might not
endear itself to you instantly, but once setup correctly it has some
great features that a non-XSLT editor just couldn't give you and I
wouldn't be without now: simple things like correctly highlighting
errors for compiled stylesheet modules, and jumping around template and
variable references and declarations,  and of course debugging which is
essential (especially if you graduated from the school of
xsl:message debugging :)   It does a lot more than just XSLT though,
which can be a pro or a con depending on your perspective.

I can happily recommend it, but sadly it's not free.  The academic
version is pretty reasonable though.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com