xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Result tree fragment to string? result as CDATA

2008-08-28 10:48:35
Specifically,  I'm trying to generate an output document with a
description
element that looks like this

... other markup in result document...
<description><![CDATA[
               <head>
                 <title>this is a test</title>
               </head>
                 <b>this is a test</b>
</description>
... more result document here ...

The solutions I've seen thus far all seem to end up with the markup
escaped.

I specifically don't want the markup to be escaped, but I do want
the <description> element to have an xs:string value.  Is there any way
achieve this?

If you want a cdata section in the output, then you can use
@cdata-section-elements on xsl:output:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#element-output

If you have a cdata section in your input that you want to treat as
markup then you can use lexev:

http://andrewjwelch.com/lexev

If it's neither of those, then post small complete runnable samples :)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com