xsl-list

[xsl] Re: use-when in the xsl:inlcude

2008-09-12 02:40:24
Hello,

Is there something I can pass to xslt for it to evaluate that something in the use-when attribute in the xsl:inlcude, and xsl:import?

In particular I'm using saxon in java.

I've found other ways to solve the task:

1. Use XInclude

<xi:include href="configuration:is-xxx">
 <xi:fallback>
   <xsl:include href="included.xslt"/>
 </xi:fallback>
</xi:include>

This should resolve "configuration:is-xxx" to dummy xml,
if we do not want to include xslt, and fail to resolve it if we do want to include xslt.

For this to work one needs to supply an XMLEntityResolver to the XInclude
(xerces parser).

Unfortunately it's not easy in Saxon, and to intrinsic even for xerces.

2. Special xslt uri resolver

 <xsl:include href="configuration:is-xxx included.xslt"/>

This assumes uri which is resolved to dummy or to a specified xslt,
depending on value of "configuration:is-xxx".

Thanks.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com