xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Fundimentle Predicate Problem or Bug??

2008-09-18 10:42:59
Thanks for all of your replies on this.

David your answer worked for me, yours and others explanations made sense to me
in a way that is what I though I was doing, I just never thought of doing the
way you have suggested.

It does pose an interesting question though, because in my case surely

Race/RaceType >= 'R' and Race/RaceType <= 'R'

AND

Race/RaceType >= 'R' or Race/RaceType <= 'R'

would do the same? Which is fine in the XSLT world but try explaining that to
the logic gurus!

The reason I struggled is because this is how SQL logic works and most
proecdural languages I believe!

Mr Kay

I tried having a play with your suggestion comparing dates as dates, but
couldn't get to work.  The reality is that I have two variables DATEFROM and
DATETO, I can set these to xs:date okay, but how when with my example data
expanded how do you do

<xsl:for-each select="/ORCB082/ROWSET/ROW[Fixture/FixtureDate &gt;= $DATEFROM
and FixtureDate &lt;= $DATETO and
                                                      Race/RaceType &gt;= 'R'
and Race/RaceType &lt;= 'R']" >

It moans if I wrap xs:date around Fixture/FixtureDate beacuase there is more
than one occurance.

I also tried updating my code to use ge, le, eq etc - this made it worse!

BTW - I user Saxon 9.0.0.6.

Also have a copy of your book if its explained in there (couldn't find anything
looking myself!).

Cheers

Chris.