xsl-list

RE: [xsl] error in xsl:key

2008-09-19 12:52:32
It's a dynamic error like any other, and all dynamic errors are fatal.

The system has a lot of discretion in exactly how evaluation proceeds. For
example, if evaluating a global variable throws an error, but you never use
the variable, then it's processor-dependent whether your stylesheet will
fail or not. The same is true to an extent here - except that key() really
can't return a result until the use expression has been evaluated for every
node that matches the xsl:key/@match pattern.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Nesterovsky [mailto:vladimir(_at_)nesterovsky-bros(_dot_)com]
Sent: 19 September 2008 17:32
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] error in xsl:key

Hello!

I have an xsl:key like this:

<xsl:key
  name="t:type-name"
  match="type"
  use="t:get-type-name(.)"/

Please don't bother with what function's really doing, except
that for a certain circumstances it may issue an error.

My question is what this should result into, when error occurs?

E.g. in Saxon 9.1 this results in error when I try to access
a key() function, with valid $key-value.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com/

--~--