xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Self-analysing stylesheet

2008-09-22 12:29:11
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Detlef Heyn
<detlef(_dot_)heyn(_at_)docufy(_dot_)de> wrote:
I got to do with a very complex stylesheet wich is splitted over many files
in different folders.

this seems to me a very weird configuration. I would never like to
keep my stylesheets like this, on file system. I would keep them in a
single folder, or perhaps in different folder if the requirement
demands.

I think they are just after some metadata about the stylesheets - what
imports/includes what, what elements are matched, where named
templates are called from etc

I've had a similar requirement after being faced with large and nasty
old 1.0 messes where successions of Java/C# devs with a hint (if that)
of xslt knowledge have butchered them over several years...

In the end just stepping through the code was the only way to get an
understanding of it.  A tool that generated the above would be really
useful... a new sourceforge project anyone?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com