xsl-list

[xsl] Validated input

2008-09-24 05:32:41
"Andrew" == Andrew Welch
<andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    Andrew> The problem I have with schema-aware xslt (specifically
    Andrew> input validation) is that your transform then relies on
    Andrew> the input being validated... the XML is no longer
    Andrew> sufficient on its own.  The output will be different
    Andrew> depending on whether the input has been validated or not,
    Andrew> which is not a good thing.

I would have thought it would be a good thing to get different output
(i.e. an error message) for invalid input than for valid input.

Of course, that is not what you said. But I think you should be able
to detect un-validated input and issue an error.

That way you can be assure of having correct data.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire