xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Confusing namespaces and xslt

2008-09-29 15:30:15
The safest, regardless of using XSLT 1 or 2, is to declare in
your stylesheet your own prefixes for *all* the namespaces
used in the XML, and then prefix *all* element names in your
XPath addresses.  Even in XSLT 2 I've found myself tripped up
by declaring the default namespace in my stylesheet because
of my laziness when dealing with multiple namespaces, so I
personally don't use the new declaration.

Not a bad discipline, but I think the xpath-default-namespace attribute can
be a great convenience when you're processing a single input document that
uses a single namespace throughout, and makes it the default namespace.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/