xsl-list

Re: [xsl] IGNORE CASE IN XSLT match

2008-10-01 09:19:00
"David" == David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

    >> <xsl:template match="*[ lower-case( local-name() ) = 'mix']">
    >> <xsl:template match="Mix|mix">
    David> etc

    David> while you can do that it's often not really convenient as
    David> you have to do the same more or less everywhere

    David> <xsl:template match="*[ lower-case( local-name() ) =
    David> 'mix']"> <xsl:value-of select="@*[ lower-case( local-name()
    David> ) = 'foo']"> ..

    David>   etc

    David> It may be better to consider a two stage process, first
    David> normalize, then transform.

Very sensible, although calling lower-case() is not actually
guaranteed to normalize - for instance, lower casing the German word
ESSEN cannot be done with the lower-case() function - the later will
produce essen (I shan't attempt to type the proper lower-cased version
in an email - i don't think I'm set up for non-ascci :-( ).
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire