xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Prepending remote url to tei image input

2008-10-02 08:05:40
The remote source tei is like this :-
    <figure rend="somepic" url="/images/image.jpg"/>

Not that it changes your XSLT problem, but this is inappropriate TEI
encoding of the information. If "somepic" is a description of the
image, it belongs in a <figDesc> child of <figure>:
              <figure url="/images/image.jpg">
                <figDesc>somepic</figDesc>
              </figure>
(Also the url= attribute is not part of vanilla TEI P4, but extension
of TEI to put this attribute on <figure> is almost ubiquitous.)

However, the image is remote to the document so the image will
still not appear. I need to be able to detect and prepend the
www.example.com address to the src, the prepending is easy, but how
to capture the remote www address has got me.

Where is this remote host information? Since TEI P4 doesn't have an
xml:base= attribute, I doubt it is there. Where is it stored, or how
is it handed to your XSLT?