xsl-list

Re: [xsl] character entities

2008-11-04 03:02:49
Hello all,

My thanks to Andrew, Michael, & Tony, who replied to my earlier misguided email on this thread. Your suggestions were very helpful to me.

I eventually tracked down the cause of the problem in terms of the final output in my browser, which was my use of the Zend Search Lucene $query->highlightMatches() method, which wraps the returned data in html tags, and which upon seeing a 2-byte character such as a UTF-8 Spanish n: ñ, etc., converts each of those two bytes into separate html entities, which the browser then displays as: ñ.

My apologies also for the mis-naming of this thread, which as Andrew pointed out, should be "character encoding" rather than "character entities".

Cheers!

Joe