xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Timezone concept broken in XPath 2.0?

2008-11-10 18:47:19

 Or would the system still be conformant if it returned an arbitrary,
but formally correct datetime

I think so.

which the system could claim is the correct system time,

In particular it may be the system time. If the xslt engine asks the
system for the time/date, and it returns a syntactically valid time eg
1st jan, year 0 then I don't think it has to check that for accuracy. So
if you are implementing on some embedded system without a real time
clock so long as you actually return a valid datetime for
current-dateTime() I think that's OK. Of course user expectations will
force systems to offer a more intuitive implementation where possible:-)

David