xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How the other half live

2008-11-18 10:17:09
  Hi,

  I totally agree.  I don't like to reduce the size of the code if it
reduces its readability as well.  But a concise code is often more
readable.  And really, I think the following expression:

    (: items that appears at least twice in $vSeq :)
    $vSeq[index-of($vSeq,.)[2]]

IS more readable than this one:

    (: items that appears at least twice in $vSeq :)
    distinct-values(
      for $item in $seq
      return if (count($seq[. eq $item]) > 1)
             then $item
             else ())

(and yes, the comment is important :-p)

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/

Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>