xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Filtering sequences of atomic types

2008-11-27 17:04:12
At 2008-11-27 20:31 +0000, Andrew Welch wrote:
> Or would this work even better for you:
>
>  <xsl:for-each select="//@xml:id[.=$string-sequence]">

It's possible (and preferable) to write that as:

<xsl:for-each select="id($string-sequence)">

isn't it?

Nope ... those aren't equivalent.

I've never used it but it worked in a quick sanity test I just did....
It's a bit like passing a sequence to key()

Sure it is, but your expression returns the element whose attribute is in the given sequence.

That may be what the original poster wanted, but what he asked for was the attribute itself whose value is in the given sequence... and I think my expression gives the original poster what they were asking for.

In fact we're both wrong, because he didn't ask for the attribute, he asked to filter an existing sequence of strings: