xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Implicit casting from double to float

2009-01-07 10:18:30
--On Wednesday, January 07, 2009 20:26:26 +0530 Mukul Gandhi wrote:

I can see, that specs do not disallow this. So this should be conformant
I feel.

Having looked at this more closely I am not sure that it does conform to the specification.

Although there are very specific rules for explicit casts from xs:double to xs:float <http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#casting-to-numerics> as far as I can see, the function conversion rules that also apply to the supplied value in a variable or parameter do not allow that conversion.

Given the language of the specification I would also assume that it was not intended that xs:double should be converted to xs:float without an explicit cast in that context.

--
Owen Rees