xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Changing a Tree Walking, forward walk example

2009-01-26 20:26:07
At 2009-01-27 00:37 +0000, Graeme Kidd wrote:
Thanks for your detailed explanation, it helped a lot with my understanding.

Can you by any chance suggest any good books? Since I would like to get to know more about XSLT 2.0

I can suggest my own, but I'll have to let others on the list attest to whether or not it is "good".

The book "Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" covers every element, every attribute and every function of XSLT and XPath both versions 1.0 and 2.0. It is sold as a PDF file and buying any edition gives no-charge access to all future editions (we are now on our 13th edition so some early buyers have had 12 free books since they bought their XSLT 1.0 copy and ended up with a free book on XSLT 2.0).

A derivative of the PDF book is used as classroom handouts for my instructor-led delivery of the material ... and the next hands-on class in Europe is in March as a prelude to the XML Prague http://www.xmlprague.cz conference. I'm in Sydney Australia this week preparing to deliver it here next week.

Room is still available in both classes. Details available from our home page linked below.

I hope this helps!

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO, UBL and code list hands-on training classes:
:  Sydney, AU 2009-01/02; Brussels, BE 2009-03; Prague, CZ 2009-03