xsl-list

[xsl] LUA Table to XML via XSL

2009-02-18 01:40:15
Hello experts,

I'd like to convert a LUA table to an equivalent in XML.

Here is what a sample of a LUA table :

LuaTable = {
["Item1"] = 8.52,
["Item2"] = "String",
["Item3"] = {
["Child1"] = 4.5,
["Child2"] = {
["GranChild"] = "That's all folks!\n"
},
["Child3"] = "With UTF-8: en français",
}
} -- this is a comment

Ouput could be

<LuaTable>
<Item1>8.52</Item1>
<Item2>String</Item2>
<Item3>
<Child1>4.5</Child1>
<Child2>
<GranChild>That's all folks!\n</GranChild>
</Child2>
<Child3>With UTF-8: en français</Child3>
</Item3>
</LuaTable> <!-- this is a comment -->

I'll eventually manage to transform that but my question is:

- Do you know if such a transformation already exists (and is available), or some generic interpreter such as the equivalent of YACC ?

And as final remark: I'm aware it's quite dumb to do that this way (with XSL), it would be much simpler to use LUA to access the table and pick a LUA-XML library to write the output to a file, but that would require I learn a bit of LUA... which I'll eventually do.

Best Regards.
Alain BENEDETTI