xsl-list

Re: [xsl] variable ending with ^@

2009-02-20 16:49:50

On 20 Feb 2009, at 09:10 , Michael Kay wrote:

I don't know the answer, and I suspect no-one else does either. You haven't given enough information. It's not even clear what programming language each of these code fragments represents. Certainly, the "^@" is coming from a
place that you haven't told us about.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: himanshu padmanabhi
[mailto:himanshu(_dot_)padmanabhi(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 19 February 2009 13:26
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] variable ending with ^@

Code flow

"abc.cgi"  has $in{'idx'}.

abc.cgi->abc.cgi on form .submit->abc.xsl on form submit->xyz.cgi
redirect->abc.cgi

"abc.xsl" passes value to next form like "<input value="{$idx}"
type="hidden" name="idx"></input>" as suggested here.

I am getting value of $in{'idx'} in final abc.cgi in above
cycle.But getting its value as "idx=14^@".

what is this "^@".I tried with chomp,chop.It still remains.

The string "^@" is a common way to make visible the control
character NUL.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that some program in your tool
chain is miscalculating a string length somewhere, or inserting
a UTF16 character from page 00 of Unicode, in a place where the
consumer of the data is expecting UTF8 or some eight-bit
character set.  (The 00 octet will look to an eight-bit
application like a NUL character.)

I hope this helps.  (But Michael Kay is quite right:  it will
help you get better answers if you provide better information
about the problem.)

Michael Sperberg-McQueen

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib