xsl-list

Re: [xsl] passing parameters to XSL,what if no value in some cases

2009-03-07 07:17:38

himanshu padmanabhi wrote:

Thank you all.If I passed arguments using hash %params.How
to access them in XSL file,
I tried this,but got error.
   <xsl:param name="args" select="$params{$args}" />
   <xsl:param name="val" select="$params{$val}" />
   <xsl:param name="newl" select="$params{$new}" />

What are the advantages of passing it using hash?

  That's not the way params work.  You declare and use them in your stylesheet,
and you set them in the language used to launch the transform (shell, Perl,
Java, whatever.)

  I *guess* that, if your processor asks you for a hash to set params, it tries
to set the value of a param for each key in the hash (try to set the param with
the same name as the key, the value being the value in the hash for the same
key.)  But that's just guessing, dig into your processor's doc to be sure and
for details.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges