xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Template removes non-duplicate elements

2009-03-14 10:05:24
Mark Wilson wrote:
My attempt at duplicate removal is failing in that it removes more than
I want it to. Listing 2 is the input file. The output file should have
one of the two duplicate initial <item>s removed (Listing 1), everything
else should stay. My broken template is in Listing 3. It removes one of
the duplicates and two of the three non-duplicate  <Item> s. (see
Listing 4).

The value of concat(Heading, Xref/Heading) is “Abbeys and Monasteries”
for 3–6.  Therefore, only one of them is processed.

You need a group-by value that distinguishes Items with Headings but no
Xrefs.  Try concat( Heading, '&#x0a;', Xref/Heading, '&#x0a;', Level1 ).

~Chris
“All I ask of living is to have no chains on me,
 And all I ask of dying is to go naturally.” — Laura Nyro
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319