xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Convet SGML data to XML format

2009-03-20 13:17:05

Thank you all of you for your suggestions. I will take a look at these links.

----- Original Message ----
From: "Houghton,Andrew" <houghtoa(_at_)oclc(_dot_)org>
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:59:29 PM
Subject: RE: [xsl] Convet SGML data to XML format

From: Happy Name [mailto:techy_2507(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:31 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Convet SGML data to XML format

Hi:

Can anyone give me some tips on writing a transformation to convert
SGML data into XML? The SGML DTD (with inclusions and PC data etc) does
not conform to the XML format.. Should my first approach be to generate
an XML DTD out of the SGML DTD?

You can use tagsoup with any Java based XSL processor, such as Saxon.  No
need to convert the SGML DTD to an XML DTD.  Just use the instance document
and create a XSL transform.

<http://home.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/tagsoup/>

Andy.

--~--