xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT Processor

2009-03-25 08:15:10
ohhh..ok....Thank you very much both.
I read in your book that IE5 onwards with MSXML3 version can run XML
file in browser(if stylesheet specified).

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
wrote:
The XSLT processor you are using is called LibXSLT.

I suspect you are only using Firefox to display the HTML output of the
transformation. Firefox does have its own XSLT transformation engine, but
you would normally invoke this not from Perl, but either (a) by opening an
XML document in Firefox, when the XML document has an <?xml-stylesheet?>
processing instruction, or (b) by running Javascript code within an HTML
page to invoke the transformation.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: himanshu padmanabhi
[mailto:himanshu(_dot_)padmanabhi(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 25 March 2009 11:48
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XSLT Processor

Thank you very much.

I am calling XSL file from my perl script and using perl
module 'XML:LibXML' and 'XML::LibXSLT',running result on
'Firefox 3 Beta 5'.I did not required any XSLT processor to
be installed separately.

Is firefox 3 having default XSLT processors ? If not,can you
please tell me which processor these perl modules use?or I am
completely wrong here?

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Michael Kay