xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Which XSLT processor on website?

2009-04-15 07:55:32
Hello,
If you are doing the transform in the Mozilla client, you'll have to use
XSLT 1.0, not XSLT 2.0.  Point your browser at
http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/processor-version.xsl to
confirm what version of XSLT it supports.
I don't know any browser with XSLT 2.0... and Konqueror is the only famous browser I know without XSLT.
Also, you won't be able to feed just half the webpage to the XSLT
transform unless you are willing to do tricks with Javascript.  Either
the XML should be just the variable information with the stylesheet
providing the static information or if the XML contains the static
information, the stylesheet should just copy the static information in
the source through to the result.
If you consider XForms, that's just what it's done : XHTML with specific XML inside. Namespaces are there to distinguish the different elements. XSLTForms, my project for implementing XForms on client-side, is based on XSLT 1.0 to generated (X)HTML+Ajax and it works directly in browsers.

Regards,

Alain Couthures
<agenceXML>
Bordeaux, France