xsl-list

[xsl] Re: Can this all fit into one Xpath expression?

2009-04-15 10:33:47

Since my post yesterday, i figured some things out, and i wanted to apologize
for my ignorance on somethings.

I am interested in getting the GenTable elements that have Emphasis elements
with the aforementioned properties.

I got partway there, on my own with the following:

//row/entry[Emphasis = 'Address
Offset']/ancestor::row/following-sibling::row/entry[Emphasis = 'Physical
Address']/following-sibling::entry[Emphasis =
'Instance']/ancestor::row/following-sibling::row/entry[Emphasis =
'Description']/ancestor::row/following-sibling::row/entry[Emphasis =
'Type']/ancestor::GenTable[1]

This more closely matches the location of the elements as they are in the
document, but this still doesn't check for @type='bold' or the condition that
at least 4 of these conditions be true.

As i am using this Xpath, initially within Xmetal's javascript interpreter, i
think they only support the Xpath 1.0 style. When i recast this as a standalone
XSLT script, i will rewrite in an XPath 2.0 style.

All the help you've provided has been great, if this can still be put into one
Xpath expression, i welcome the information and help!

Thanks again!

Russ