xsl-list

RE: [xsl] preceding-sibling axis scope

2009-04-16 08:25:40

Ah, I think I now see your misunderstanding. It's a common one. When you
have a sequence of (unrelated) nodes, such as the sequence returned by
current-group(), the nodes are not siblings of each other. A node has a
single parent, but can participate in any number of sequences; its siblings
are the children of that parent, which may or may not be members of the same
sequence.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Clint Redwood [mailto:clint(_at_)screwtape(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 16 April 2009 12:59
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] preceding-sibling axis scope

Hi,

I'm confused by what my XSL is producing, when I'm using the
preceding-sibling axis, within a xsl:for-each-group element.

When I have a reference like this...

current-group()[preceding-sibling::elemA]

does the preceding-sibling refer to the current-group()
content, or the source document?

I had expected it to scope to the current-group() but the
effect appears to suggest that the scope is the source document.

Apologies if this is a stupidly obvious question.

Yours,

Clint.

--~--