xsl-list

[xsl] Big long xpath, almost there, but not quite

2009-04-16 14:03:33

I want to thank everybody for their help on this. Michael Kay, thaks for your
help very much. I entered the following Xpath. It is getting there, but it
still is not quite right.

//GenTable[count(entry[Emphasis[normalize-space(.) = 'Address Offset' and
@type='bold'] or
Emphasis[normalize-space(.)='Physical Address' and @type='bold'] or
Emphasis[normalize-space(.)='Instance' and @type='bold'] or
Emphasis[normalize-space(.)='Description' and @type='bold'] or
Emphasis[normalize-space(.)='Type' and @type='bold'] ]) >= 4]

When i use this, as i would like at least 4 entry element that match the
conditions above, hopefully 5, i would think this should do the trick and
return the GenTable elements that contain them.

When i run it, however, i get no GenTable elements. When i remove the count()
function, i get no GenTable elements. When i change the 4 9the minimum match
value, to something smaller like 1) i get no GenTable elements. When i change
the number 4 to 0, i get ALL the GenTable elements.

I would have thought that removing the count() function would have given me all
the GenTable elements containing those entry elements.

Could someone explain a little about this? The reasoning seems sound, i just
don't know why it is doing what it is!

thanks again,

Russ