xsl-list

Re: [xsl] enclosing attribute in single quote

2009-04-21 16:36:42
At 2009-04-21 13:26 -0700, H H wrote:
I have a basic requirement for a XSLT transformation from XML to XML. I want my output XML to have all attributes enclosed in single quote (instead of double quote)

This has zero effect on downstream processing with any XML processor. Any conforming processor would give the same content whether an attribute was delimited with single or double quotes.

It would only be significant to a non-XML process (e.g. a character stream).

Is there any configuration/setting or any other support that will let me choose if the attributes can be enclosed in single quote.

Version:
XSLT 1.0
Xerces/Xalan

Such control is out of scope for the Recommendation and would only be available as a processor extension ... and I doubt you would find any processor that offers it.

--
XSLT/XSL-FO/XQuery hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com