xsl-list

[xsl] Schema aware XPath 2.0 doubt

2009-05-09 00:39:06
Hi all,
   Let's say, I have following XML document:

<x>2008-12-01</x>

And the following XPath 2.0 expression,

[1]
x gt xs:date('2007-12-01')

The evaluation of this expression fails, with non schema aware XSLT
2.0/XPath 2.0 system (as x is not of type xs:date. it's actually an
element).

But if we had a Schema aware XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0 system, and the above
XML document was validated with a Schema (with element x being
assigned a Schema type xs:date), would the above XPath 2.0 expression
succeed in this case (i.e., with a Schema aware XPath 2.0 system)?

The XPath 2.0 specification for operator, op:date-greater-than (ref,
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-date-greater-than)
specifies:

op:date-greater-than($arg1 as xs:date, $arg2 as xs:date) as xs:boolean

which makes me think that, both arguments to the operator 'gt' must be
of type xs:date. So the XPath 2.0 expression [1] would fail in case of
Schema aware system also.

Could somebody please clarify this to me.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi