xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xml-stylesheet in browser results / mime type association

2009-05-14 19:50:30
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Rushforth, Peter
<Peter(_dot_)Rushforth(_at_)nrcan-rncan(_dot_)gc(_dot_)ca> wrote:
Hi Michael,

I don't know much about the auto-launch issue, but if you
want to effect the mime type, you need to add it as an
attribute of the xsl:output element like so:

<xsl:stylesheet>
<xsl:output  media-type="vnd.google-earth.kml+xml" />

</xsl:stylesheet>

I tried that too but it didn't have any effect.  I think browsers may
be hardwired to believe the result is html in such a situation, and they
try to interpret it as such.

did you try
  <xsl:output  method="xml" media-type="vnd.google-earth.kml+xml" />

I would be mildly surprised if all browsers ignored that form.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.