xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to calculate column number of the entry?

2009-05-28 04:37:16
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

I would very, very strongly recommend using the DocBook
XSL stylesheets as a starting point.

I have already analyzed DocBook XSL stylesheet. For instance, it
contains the template that returns the entry's column position named
"entry.colnum".

 docbook-xsl-1.75.1/common/table.xsl  Line:85

Unfortunately this template does not return correct column number when
entry element does not have effective attributes. From this fact I misunderstood that it does not work.

But I have confirmed today that DocBook Stylesheet works fine for the sample DocBook instance that should inherit attributes from colspec to entry. So I will analyze more detailed part of DocBook stylesheet how that inherit it.

Anyway I appreciate your advice.

Regards,

Toshihiko Makita