xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSLT and Hijri Dates

2009-06-16 05:15:29
One thing I have discovered recently is that
Arabic support is pretty poor in most XSL tools. The one I am
using for FO supports the characters, but writes them left to right.

Had some trouble with this in the XSLT spec itself. In section 12.3 where it
says

"A format token of ١ (Arabic-Indic digit one) generates the sequence ١
then ٢ then ٣ ..."

I had to insert the word "then" between the numbers to stop them appearing in
descending order.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/