xsl-list

[xsl] Xpath errors in XML to XML transformation

2009-06-22 05:09:02

        Hi,

        This is my first post on this forum, I'm just beginning to learn XSL.
Working with simple examples is going great. I have now come across a problem
and do not know how to sort it out and I wondered if someone could point me in
the right direction?

        I have managed to transform XML to XML etc using simple examples. Then
I took some of my work files, things weren't working, when checking my Xpath,
the results were coming up false etc. We have lots of info in the top tag
'chapter', if I remove everything apart from the namespace ad declaration the
file transforms correctly. So, does this have something to do with the Schema?
or, docbook?
        Any help on this would be much appreciated as I don't know where to
start looking.

        Xpath works perfectly with the below root tag in my XML files:-

        <chapter xmlns:ad="http://myhome/technical_topic";>

        Xpath does not work with the below root tag in my XML files:-

        <chapter  xmlns="http://docbook.org/docbook-ng";
xmlns:ad="http://myhome/technical_topic";
            xsi:schemaLocation="http://docbook.org/docbook-ng
//myserver/myfolder/XmlSchemaStylesheet/docbook.xsd"
            version="IPA-ext-Caffs-0.5" xml:lang="en">

        Hope this makes sense.

        Kind Regards,
        Catherine

Catherine Pouncett
tel: +44 1628 688182
c(_dot_)pouncett(_at_)autodata(_dot_)ltd(_dot_)uk

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential and are
protected by copyright and/or database rights and are intended for the
addressee only. If you are not the named recipient, you must not use, disclose,
reproduce, copy or distribute the contents of this communication. If you have
received this in error, please contact the sender and then delete this email
from your system. The integrity of email across the Internet cannot be
guaranteed. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email
transmission. Although Autodata Limited has taken precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this email or any attachments, the company cannot accept
any responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or
attachments. Autodata Limited, Priors Way, Maidenhead Berkshire, SL6 2HP,
England, UK. Registered as a limited company in England, UK. Registration
number 1062717. VAT number GB 208 4782 54.