xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.1

2009-07-30 07:13:38
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Michael Kay<mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I think the W3C should seriously consider free membership for
individuals ... charging enormous fees will always ensure
that when times get financially tough that they lose resouces
immediately.

In practice, if individuals are prepared to contribute effort, they will be
usually be allowed to join as invited experts. Anyone in this position is
welcome to contact the chair.

great news and first time I heard of this, perhaps the W3C should
communicate this via the normal channels I am sure there are plenty of
people who would take up on this kind of thing.

I think the proportion of individuals to big-company representatives has
actually been increasing as times get harder. But everyone is finding travel
difficult.

I would expect the 'proportion' to increase directly along the lines
that individuals are less able to afford; sounds like this maybe a
benefit for the bigger companies to get more representation and tips
things to their favor.

generates many ideas which are feeding into Saxon which will benefit the
community whether or not it succeeds as a standard.

+1 to that.

Jim Fuller